1.12.2013

Project Life 2013||Challenge Accepted!

Hey, everyone! So, I have given in to all the hype and decided to tackle "Project Life" this year.  I made this decision last month when I was having so much fun working on my December Daily.  I think I really love scrapping in little pockets.  Is that weird?  Ha!

To get me started on the right foot, I have subscribed to Studio Calico's Project Life monthly kit and am currently taking their Project Life class, Day-by-Day.  I'm learning a lot and am super excited to document this year.

I don't really have a plan yet for how I am going to organize my weeks.  I already know that some weeks may be very boring, while others will be more exciting and picture-heavy.  So, for now I am taking it one week at a time, knowing that I may combine weeks in some spreads and only mange to cover a weekend in others.  I don't plan on putting too much pressure on myself.  The point of this is to have fun, right?

I also don't plan on showing you every single Project Life spread that I complete.  I don't want to totally bore you with all the details of my life!  ;o)  But...I will show you my title page for now and then update you with sporadic weeks throughout the year:
I know, I know.  That one particular piece of patterned paper from Crate Paper is getting quite the workout recently.  I just love the chevron pattern and the fact that it is so colorful!!

The journaling in the bottom right corner briefly talks about what Eric and I are up to as 2013 begins and what our goals for the year are.

Thanks so much for stopping by, especially since this was such a long, rambling post.  Are any of you taking on Project Life?  If so, leave me a link...I'd love to see!

Supplies: Page Protector: Becky Higgins (Design J); Patterned Paper, Diecut Ampersand: Crate Paper; Cardstock: Bazzill; Journaling Cards, Wooden People, Wooden Letters, Labels: Studio Calico; Alphas: American Crafts, Basic Grey; Chipboard B, Sequins: Making Memories; Sticky Gems: My Mind's Eye; Staples: Tim Holtz; Mists: Tattered Angels

2 comments:

HarmonySweetpea said...

I've just made the decision to give this a go too, mostly to document a new baby. Good luck with your project life projects :)

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

Kat!! I'm so excited to hear you're doing PL! YAY :)

I also added the PL Kit to my SC subscription and am taking the class. I loved doing PL last year and I'm excited to continue it this year. I'm also excited that one of my blog friends is doing it too!

Ps. I personally, would love to see your spreads throughout the month. I'm never bored by PL posts :)