1.16.2013

Project Life || Week 1

I mentioned on Saturday that I have decided to take on Project Life.  I am really excited about the project and wanted to share my first week with you.  I did a whole small page protector just of our NYE celebration (it's the back of the title page) and then a regular 12 x 12 spread for the rest of the week. I really like combining different sizes and layouts.  It makes everything seem more random and fun for me.  However, I do think most of my pages will consist of the Becky Higgins, Design A protectors that I used for the rest of my week 1.

Anyways, here is my first week:

The left side is all about NYE celebration.  The fun "Hello 2013" is actually one of Simple Stories' free printables.  I included a pic of the group, a pic of E & I, my sparkly Chucks that my sis-in-law gave me and a map of where we were.  Oh yes, and of course, some sequins :o)

The right side documents the rest of week 1, including E's 30th birthday.  As a side note, I don't really think he is old.  He's just older than me, so I am allowed to give him a hard time about it.  :o)  We also finished puppy-sitting that week and I documented a bit about one of my new Christmas presents: a Fitbit.  I am totally obsessed with that thing.

Thanks so much for stopping by and sticking with this loooong post.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

Supplies: NYE side: Page Protector: Becky Higgins (Design J); Printable, Label Stickers: Simple Stories; Journaling Card, Chipboard Stickers: Studio Calico; Sparkle Paper: American Crafts; Chipboard Heart: Maya Road; Staples: Tim Holtz; Alphas: Basic Grey, Lily Bee Designs; Sticky Gem: My Mind's Eye; Sequins: Making Memories

Week 1: Page Protector: Becky Higgins (Design A); Journaling Cards, Patterned Paper, Chipboard Stickers, Paper Label (yellow): Studio Calico; Label Stickers: Simple Stories; Alphas: Basic Grey, Lily Bee Designs, Studio Calico; Star Stickers: Twine & Ink; Staples: Tim Holtz; Sticky Gems: My Mind's Eye; Chipboard Heart (Blue): Maya Road; Chipboard Heart (Red): Unknown

3 comments:

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

As you know, I'm so excited you're doing PL! I love your first spread. I've never heard of the Fitbit, but it looks cool. I Pinned the wristband so I can look again when they're available. TFS :)

Sara said...

I want to do that too! I'm just not diciplined enough rigth now... Been trying different kinds of year-projects, but I always fail halfway... Sometime maybe!!
I love your pages! Very beautiful and creative!

sophie said...

so glad you are doing this PL ! so rewarding! love your first week!cool use of chevrons!