2.04.2014

Stitch Fix Review #2 (Maybe I can find a pose besides just hands-on-hips?!)

Hey, y’all! My second Stitch Fix box came a few days ago.  As promised, I stalked the postman until it was delivered!  Ha!
 
For an in depth run-down of Stitch Fix, click on my first “review” here.  Here are the basics:
 
1.  Fill out a style profile.
2.  Schedule a fix!  This can be as frequent (or infrequent) as you would like.
3.  Pay $20 – this is the “styling fee.”  However, if you keep anything from your box, it is automatically applied to your purchase.
4.  Get the clothes and try them on in the comfort of your own home with stuff you already have.
5.  You have 3 days to mail everything you don’t want back to Stitch Fix in a pre-paid shipping envelope.  If you keep all 5 items from your fix, you get a 25% discount.
 
So, this time around I requested bright colors and fun patterns.  Here is the first look at my box:
No bright colors or fun patterns!  My receipt said “grey, grey, dark green, black, brown.”  Haha!  Oh well.  I was still willing to give it a try.

Here’s a closer look at everything I received (and as the title suggests, I probably need to find a pose besides just hands-on-hips!): 

Colibri Solid Tab Sleeve Blouse
The color on this was quite pretty, but the neckline really bugged me.  I don’t know if you can tell from the pictures but the neckline goes up pretty high on my neck on the sides.  I felt like it was a bit restrictive and I felt like it would look odd if I wore my hair up with this neckline (is that weird?!?!).  I don’t like being limited in that way and I actually wear my hair up about 85% of the time. 

Denna Colored Skinny Jean + Mission ¾ Sleeve V-Neck Blouse

First, the jeans: I saw these and I thought I would hate them.  But ohmygosh, they are so COMFORTABLE and I love the way they look with flats.  The only downside?  They are outside the price range I would normally pay for a pair of jeans.
 
The blouse:  Unfortunately, I didn’t think this was anything too special.  If the shirt had been in a fun, bright color, I might have been more sold on it.  Plus, I think the sleeves look a bit funny on me…what do you think?
 
Jerrard Heathered Open Front Cardigan
This was another thing I thought I would hate.  It also ended up being really comfortable and it’s so soft.  And I definitely don’t hate it.  But I’m not sure I love it, either?  My stylist suggested that I try it with a white t-shirt and the skinny jeans. 
 
Minée Half Floral Rhinestone Necklace
I love it.  It’s adorable.  But it’s totally NOT me.  I want to keep it because it’s sparkly and it’s pretty, but if I’m honest with myself, I know that I will never, ever wear it.  Sad face.
 
Final thoughts:  This box included a bunch of basic pieces that I feel like I could have gotten at most places.  Staple pieces are important to any wardrobe, but that’s not really what I am looking for from Stitch Fix.  The clothes are a bit more expensive than what I normally pay, so I’m looking for fun, unique pieces.  In the end, I only kept the skinny jeans.  Since they were the only thing I kept from this fix, I decided that it was okay to splurge a little…plus I didn’t want to lose my $20 styling fee!  I left a bunch of feedback on this fix, so I’m hoping to get something a little different next time.  It was still fun, though!
 
If you are interested in Stitch Fix, just follow thislink!
 
*I have no affiliation with Stitch Fix except that I am one of their customers.  I will not receive any compensation for this review.  However, the link provided is a referral link that will give me Stitch Fix credit if anyone decides to use it.*

No comments: