4.05.2014

Scraplift Saturdays || 5 April 14

 
Hey, y'all!  For today's Scraplift Saturdays installment I picked a layout from one of my favorite challenges with The Studio.  It was a sketch challenge from 2012 and it inspired me to create one of my favorite layouts that year:
 
When I tackled the updated version of the layout, I was really tempted to lift it almost exactly.  I love the original so much and I've always been of the philosophy "why mess with a good thing?"  However, I did update it a bit and came up with this:
 
Another wedding picture scrapped!  E & I got married almost 2 years ago, but I have barely made a dent in getting our wedding photos scrapped.  And I got 2 pages in to my Project-Life-style wedding album before failing miserably.  Hopefully, I will revisit it again soon.  I even bought the Project Life Sunshine Edition Core Kit to get me inspired to work on the album some more...that was 6 months ago!
 
What project do you need to catch up on/get re-motivated about?
 
Supplies: Layout 1: Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: American Crafts, Studio Calico; Alphas: Echo Park; Sticker Phrase: Making Memories; Diecut Frame: Studio Calico; Wood Shapes: Studio Calico, Sodalicious; Washi Tape: Target; Mist: Tattered Angels
 
Layout 2: Cardstock: Bazzill, Recollections; Card: Becky Higgins; Diecuts: Studio Calico, Heidi Swapp; Washi Tape, Rhinestone Stars, Mist, Vellum Sentiment: Studio Calico; Roller Stamp: October Afternoon; Label: Hello Forever; Patterned Paper: Echo Park, Cocoa Daisy

2 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

These are both so fun, Kat! What a great, refreshed lift! LOVE that Washi background!

Sarah said...

both of your layouts are fabulous! Totally loving the washi background and the pl card in the second!