1.19.2015

Project Life & Project Read (& a request for you to tell me you favorite books, pleeeeease?!?!)

Three posts in three days?!?!  I can't even remember the last time I did that (if ever).  I'm way behind on sharing and I've created a ton of stuff recently that I still have to wait a while to share.  Seriously! I've already made 11 layouts this month.  That's some kind of record for me!

I did want to pop in and share week 2 of my 2015 Project Life.  I've done weeks 1 and 2 already but I still haven't created my title page.  I guess i'm not inspired to yet, so I'll wait on creating it until I'm ready.  Anyway, here is week 2: 



I'd love to point out the Project Read concept with you.  This year I have set a goal for myself to read 35 books this year.  That may not seem like a lot, but I have a full time job and work 10-12 hours Monday - Friday, so finding time to read can actually be somewhat difficult.  But it is something that I have decided that I need to make time for again.  I love to read and I used to read all the time, but in the past few years, I haven't done as well.  So, I came up with this challenge in week 2 to hold myself accountable.  And now that I'm telling all of you about it, I will hopefully hold myself accountable even more.  Sometimes I will read silly "chick lit" books (which is what I read in week 2, if we're totally honest here), which I love and are my guilty pleasure, but are not very thought provoking and sometimes I will read more serious books.  At the end of every month, I will give a run-down of what I read that month and hopefully people will share some of their favorite books with me.

I picked 35 books because that will make it so I need to read slightly more than 1 book every 2 weeks...which I think I can do.  Wish me luck...and pretty please, recommend some good books to me!  :)

Page Protectors: Becky Higgins (Designs A & F); Cards: Amy Tangerine for Becky Higgins; Alphas: American Crafts, Studio Calico, Teresa Collins; Wood Veneers, Chipboard, "Oh Dear" Card: Studio Calico; Labels: Hello Forever, Heidi Swapp; Mini Paper Bag: Paper Source; Sequins: Clique Kits, Doodlebug Design; Staples: Tim Holtz

1 comment:

Kim A. said...

Loving your pages, great job! I love to read but I read whatever is left in the share box at work. I am no help on a good book as the ones I read are usually quit old. I tend to read in the bathtub in the evening. Good luck on reaching your reading goal!!